Wednesday 21 December 2011

Mystery Object at Dr May's Point

When I walk north from Coonarr Beach towards the mouth of the Elliott River, It is amazing how nature periodically buries and unburies the relics from the past. Those of you following this blog will remember my post about the bus from Dr May's property.

About 440 metres south of that site, I had previously discovered a metal cylindrical object but lately it had completely been covered by sand. It is now uncovered again. It is about 1 metre long and probably 500mm in diameter. The end that is still intact is rounded, and it has been constructed using at least one row of rivets. It has a "shaft hole of about 80 or 90mm at each end, but they are offset by 90 degrees.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what it was????



In the same vicinity, another concrete trough has revealed itself. I have no idea what they were used for. Does anyone have any ideas???




Finally, on my return walk to Coonarr Beach, I found this poor turtle washed up on the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment